Just a few short months ago, I was clueless to blogging. I still consider myself to be a newbie. Tonight, I logged on to WP and found that I had been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I am literally speechless. A sincere thanks to Wax. Please… if you aren’t already following her, go check her out. Pure awesomeness she is.
And her summary of the award? I couldn’t have said it better myself. Did you ever think we’d see this day? I want to live in Australia someday. Now, thanks to WP, I have Australian buddies. Awesome!!! We may all be worlds apart, BUT, like Wax says, we all share some kind of connection. We trust each other with our most deepest, sacred thoughts. We have established friendships, and expanded our support circles. I love each and every one of you. It is because of you that I continue to write. Each one of you inspires me in some way. Even the haters… You motivate me with your nastiness to be even more positive. I don’t necessarily love the haters, but I love that their negativity is inspiring. Unfortunately, because of time restraints, I am unable to follow through with all the rules that accompany the award. Between writing and doctor’s appointments, school and karate, life is taking it’s toll on me, that’s for sure. However, it’s only fair that I answer the questions. So, here goes nothin’! And again, thank you Wax (http://waxyworld.wordpress.com) for the nomination. You have no idea how honored I am. I wish you nothing but the very best life has to offer!!
- Who do you miss right now? A long time ago, I believe I had the start of a relationship established with a family member of mine. We are polar opposites, but I love this family member nonetheless. This is who I miss. I believe if they chose to change their perception, we have the potential to actually be close. However, I don’t see that day any time in my near future.
- What’s the story behind your name? (Or do you have any idea why your parents gave you that name?)This is actually pretty funny. My name is Kathleen, but I go by Kate. My mom wanted me to be Katie, but didn’t know you could put nicknames on birth certificates. So, that’s how I got the name, and I believe I was named after a close friend of my parents.
- What is the one thing you are most proud of? Hands down, 100%, MY son.
- If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why? 5 Because that’s when thee world seemed right to me. I was innocent and naïve, curious but cautious. Yup. I’d want to be 5 again.
- What is your greatest addiction? Anyone who knows me knows this would have to be pens. I’ve got boxes and boxes of them. I love them ALL.
- What is the most common compliment people give you? Everyone loves my eyes, and that’s all I ever hear. I’m thinking of getting colored contacts, because it’s getting old.
- What is your favorite part of the day? When both of my boys are home safe and sound.
- Who would you like to play your life story in a movie? Why? Sandra Bullock, because I love her. No resemblance at all. I just absolutely adore her.
- Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks? It depends on the day, but once I have something sweet, I have to follow it up with something salty. Balance I guess. : )
- If you had a magic lamp and the genie granted you 3 wishes, what would the 3 wishes be? 1. World Peace. Way too much unnecessary violence. 2. To bring someone back to life who was taken far too early. 3. For all my loved ones to find, know, have and keep true happiness.
And there you have it… Thanks again. It is very much appreciated.